today I am participating in a link-up for the first time. I found this link-up, called the Circle, which is a bunch of beautiful, strong, and inspiring women. The prompt idea is “Blogger Introductions”, which I think fits very well since I haven’t introduced myself yet. So I thought, I should overcome my doubts and start writing.
At the risk of repeating myself: I am a 23-year-old, Germany-based grad student. I’m currently in the second year of my Master in something related to medical research (nerd alert ;)). And as you might have noticed, I am slightly obsessed with living abroad. One of the best years was when I moved to San Francisco, CA to finish my Bachelor studies and I am in the process of planning another move to sunny California. This time I want to do my PhD in the Bay Area. We’ll see how this will work out.
Enough about the academic side of myself. Besides an awkward nerd, I am also a passionate dancer and photographer. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to do either recently, but I am trying to change that! Another passion of mine is travelling. I love seeing new places, meeting new people, and learning about other cultures. As a result, I have seen quite a few places in Europe and North-America, and call a bunch of international people my friends. Sadly, learning languages is quite hard for me, so everyone has to communicate in English or German with me.
(My favorite thing to do – ballet)
I’ve been toying with the idea of starting a blog for quite some time now, and I finally decided to do it. I am planning to share my experiences of my last two years of being in and out the expat life, and also my current adventures that happen while I’m trying to become an expat again. This blog is just a couple of days old, but I really hope I can keep it up and use it to record my journey.
(One of my favorite photo that I took)
A few random facts about me:
- I love reading, but during the semester I rarely ever manage.
- I am a dancer for 20 years by now.
- I wish I could speak French and Spanish.
- My biggest pet peeve is binge watching Netflix D:
- Every time I have to study, I start cleaning my apartment to procrastinate.
- It was my birthday recently and I wrote a “bucket list” for my next year. See here
- I also have a huge travel bucket list on Pinterest. See here
- I’m a lefty and I like it.
- Tortellini were my choice if I could only eat one dish until the end of my life.
- My favorite pair of pointe shoes moves everywhere with me.
- I am living gluten-free for six years by now.
- The scaredy cat in me is afraid of fire and spiders.
- Grey’s Anatomy used to be my favorite show, until Mc Dreamy …
- I am convinced that my letter from Hogwarts just got lost in the mail and a new one will arrive any minute.
- Although English is my second language, it is what I am going for when I’m sleepy or tipsy.
- I love a lot of nerdy things, dinosaur onesies included.
- I am amazing at embarrassing myself in public
- Emma Watson will always be my favorite girl crush
- My favorite cities are San Francisco, Paris, London, and Hamburg
(San Francisco is just the best!)
What do we have in common? Are there any nerds or nerd lovers out there?