I recently got nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Samantha from graceloveandcoffee.com. You should head over there, read about her beautiful family life, and say hi!
But what is the Liebster Award actually? It is an award for newbie bloggers, who have less than 200 followers, which is meant to connect bloggers with each other and give the readers the opportunity of finding new blogs and getting to know their owners. To help this, Samantha asked her nominees 10 questions that I will be answering in a second. Then, I will nominate my favorite new blogs in the area of travel and lifestyle and will ask their owners 10 more questions. Enjoy!
1. What fueled your desire for a blog?
I wanted to start a blog for two reasons: 1. I wanted to record my travels and use my photos in some way. For the longest time in my life I have tried to keep diaries and photo books and none of this has ever worked for me. So I decided to blog about it, because this way other people can profit from it as well. 2. I felt the need to write about my study abroad year (you can read the first blog post of many to come here). Of course, I want to give tips to people who are interested in going abroad or even planning it already, but I also want to inform about the downside, the obstacles, and the not so pleasant things that can happen and how to overcome them. A lot of stuff happened during my time abroad and even after my return and I wanted to share.
2. What kind of niche do you have & why?
My niche is a mix of travel and lifestyle ramblings. The main reason for that would be my love for traveling and my inability to write short blog posts 😉
3. Least favorite household chore?
Ironing my clothes. Meeh, definitely the most boring thing ever. That’s why I rarely ever iron anything.
4. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Coffee. Coffee
5. When do you work best?
At night, when it is dark and quiet and nothing is distracting me. I am probably most productive between midnight and 3 AM. The problem is, my med school teachers like to give their lectures very early in the morning. Needless to say that it doesn’t work very well for me, but coffee is keeping me alive most of the times.
6. Favorite time of year?
This is a hard one for me. I usually want the exact opposite of what I have at the moment, but I actually like something about every season. I just can’t deal with the dark winters in Berlin anymore.
7. Where do find your inspiration?
Outside. The best blogging ideas come to me on my walk home from school or while I am in a park or in the woods.
8. Married, dating, or single?
Single – and very content about it.
9. Favorite tv show right now?
Californication. I talked about it in my recent August Favorites post. Definitely NC-17, but funny and everything but shallow.
10. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
The civil war situation in Syria and the surrounding countries.
On to a happier subject: Here are my five travel and lifestyle blog nominees. Definitely check them out, they are all awesome!
- Kristen @ thisuglybeautifulcity.com
- Kerstin @ missgetaway.com
- Cailyn @ champagnecailyn.com
- Lexis @ lexmeetsworld.blogspot.de
- Jorge & Claudia @ couplertw.com
And my questions for them:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite travel destination you’ve been to so far?
- How many languages do you speak?
- Where do you see your blog and yourself in six months?
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- What item does always come with you when you’re traveling?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What is the one thing you wish you could tell your teenage self?
- Who is your personal superhero?
- What was your worst travel experience?
Have fun discovering more new blogs!