it’s been awfully quiet around here in the last couple of months. The reason? Life! The life of a PhD student to be more precise. And relationships, and family, and now vacation. I almost completed my first year as a PhD student. The work load will probably continue to get heavier. However, I feel inspired to write again and I hope I can pick up the pieces of this blog again.
If you’re curious what I have been up to lately, check out the links below 😃
- Despite everything going on, I managed to get addicted to the show Girlboss on Netflix and it took me a good 5 episodes to recognize why I recognized the name „nasty gal“
- For some reason, in stressful times, I feel the need to shop. This month I satisfied my shopping craving at thredup.com and online thrift shop. I am actively trying to buy less new clothes to reduce my environmental impact and I wanted a new dress for the Mister’s younger brother’s graduation.
- This list would be incomplete without a link to my favorite blog Hither&Thither. I stumbled upon a post, where Ashley, the blogger, was writing about the HBO series Girls. Having very mixed feelings about the show, I really enjoyed the discussion with her readers.
- The roasted shrimp and veggie salad is a new recipe that I tried and loved this month. It was also the first ever BuzzFeed recipe that I tried.
- I was looking into a lot of zero/ minimal waste alternatives this month and I did make a couple of changes (will report back soon). However, the DIY natural deodorant bar didn’t make the list yet this month. I will keep this recipe for future reference though. For now, I got a packaging free deodorant bar from lush.
- I stumbled upon this article “8 reasons why traveling is good for your health” and I thought it would be really interesting to look into scientific publications related to travel and health. As I said, I’d like to make scientific publications about interesting topics more accessible to my readers.
- Also, check out my post about conscious clothing to get an idea of what I am planning in the future 🙂